Sunday, December 1, 2013

{Untitled}




I remember the day when I took this picture. 

It was a Monday after a long day at work. I had just returned from a Costco run with our front desk girl. I had seen these leaves when carrying stuff to and from the car and thought how perfect a picture it would make.

The more I reflected on the leaves–during the dozens of pictures I took to get the perfect shot–the more I thought about my future. The more I thought about the decisions that weighed heavily on my heart, the more I thought about God's promises in Scripture. 

Not the standard, "He will never leave you or forsake you," or about His steadfast love and faithfulness, but the verses that talk about His perfect way & timing. 


"This God—his way is perfect;
    the word of the Lord proves true;
"
Psalm 18:30a 


Yes, this truth. 

The truth that should be written on my heart day in & day out. 

The truth that is true because His words are true. 

* * * * * * 

The decision didn't come easy. 

In fact, I wrestled with it for 33 days and then some. 

I remember crying out to God and telling Him I didn't like this plan. 

"But, God. I have dreams and plans…Father, I don't want this for my life. I want to know where I'm headed. I want to see the road that lies before me."  

"Unless the LORD builds the house, 
those who build it labor in vain. 
Unless the LORD watches over the city, 
the watchmen stays awake in vain."

Psalm 127:1

Then, in the midst of my tears, it all made sense. 

"Giann, unless I build your career, you're pursuing it in vain. 
Giann, unless I watch over your plans and dreams, you're accomplishing them in vain." 


The reason the LORD is leading me down this path is because He knows me far better than I know myself. He knows what my ultimate dreams and desires are for my life. 

Therefore, He knows the best way for me to accomplish them. 

And I just have to trust Him. 

No comments: