Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Curious Case of Awkward Eye Contact Guy

{Disclaimer: What you are about to read should not be taken seriously. Sometimes you have to laugh at what life throws your way. Also, this may or may not be exaggerated. I have written a serious post about Passion 2013 in case you're interested.}

Passion is supposedly where you not only find Jesus, but you find your future roommate (if you're a senior in high school), your future best friend for life, or your future spouse. Well, I didn't quite find all three. I may or may not have found my future spouse, though.

The first night of community groups the leader, Brad Cooper, said, "Look around your circle one of you may find your future spouse within your own family group."

I immediately look to the family group next to me and make awkward eye contact with one of the guys. I later tweeted about it.


I was totally joking about this whole incident until it happened every single day. I'm not kidding. We always made unintentional eye contact every time we saw one another. It was the weirdest thing.

Certain questions started popping in my head.

"Maybe he is the one?"
"I wonder what his name is?"
"Is he even going to talk to me?"
"I have to at least know his name!"

All these questions remained unanswered.

If things couldn't even get more confusing, the next night he intentionally moved to the edge of his family group to sit next to me. We were less than arms length apart. Clearly, something was up.

"Oh my word. He's sitting next to me!"
"Maybe he'll talk to me?"
"I mean, he should at least say something!"

Then, the last night, someone in our group asked him to take a group picture using my phone. After he handed the phone back to me, we exchanged names.



And that was that. I never saw him again. Well, in person that is.

While I was looking through my photos to find a new lock screen, I saw this picture.


I then posted the photo to Instagram and Twitter secretly hoping that I could find him some how.


But, to no avail.

Until, one of my friends left a comment saying she went to church with that guy.

The next day she saw him at church and approached him with the photo in hand.

Guy: "Oh yeah, I remember her! She told me to take a group picture so I took the phone and posed for a photo."

And that is how the story ends....for now.

3 comments:

Kailey said...

Giann, you're hilarious! But who knows, he may be "the one". ;)

Rachel said...

You never know...

:-)

Mary Pass said...

AH!! You have to do another post on this!