Sunday, January 6, 2013

{Jesus, only Jesus.}

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the new year! I got back from Passion a couple of days ago. But, while I was there, I caught a little bug that I'm trying to get rid of right now. It frustrates me that this is what happened but I know that the LORD has a purpose through the sickness! :)

Anyway, do you want to hear about Passion? I thought so. :)

All I can tell you is that it was powerful. I was overcome several times by God's presence, especially the last night.

Towards the end of the night when Chris Tomlin sang, "I know who goes before me, I know who stands behind, the God of angel armies is always on my side," I just broke down and started to cry. There has been several events that happened last semester that have just brought me down.

In essence, I have had a hard time trusting God. 

I found out in September that a very close family friend of mine was going through some very hard stuff. If you heard Francis Chan's message, you'll understand what I'm talking about. I knew I could pray for her and just be there if she wanted to talk about it. But, to me, that wasn't enough. I wanted to fix her and bring back the girl I used to know. I'm going to be honest with you here, there were some nights last semester that I just cried. All I could do was cry it seemed like. I couldn't even offer up a simple prayer. I don't like to see her suffer and walk this path of pain. It was hard.

I thought I had truly given the burden to God and was "Trusting Him" with the outcome. But, I wasn't. I was looking for ways to make it better overnight. I wanted her to be the girl I used to know. Last week, she turned 16. It was on that night I realized, "I know who goes before me, I know who stands behind, the God of angel armies is always on my side."

Y'all. Jesus is walking beside her every step of the way. He's with her. He's with me. He's with you.

I don't know what the future holds for my friend. I don't even know what this year holds. But, I do know who goes before me, who stands behind, and is always on my side. This is the hope I have.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
 - Romans 15:13 


No comments: