Sunday, August 25, 2013

Real Truths {About Myself}

{This post is dedicated to Katherine at Grass-Stains. She has a regular feature on her blog called Uncomfortable Truths and she "challenged" me to write a post revealing truths about myself.

I was serious on Thursday when I blogged about Comparison.

And now I want to be a little more light-hearted and share with you five Uncomfortable Truths about myself.

Here they are in no particular order.....


1.) I know all the lyrics to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry. Why, internet? Because when you're on a bus in the middle of Guatemalan traffic that song will play as CLEAR AS DAY on the radio. All other songs - STATIC, PEOPLE. Am I proud I know all those words? Well, if I'm ever on a game show that requires me to finish the lyrics to a song or sing a whole song from memory, there ya go. I've won.

2.) I will have, on average, about 4 water glasses in my room at any given time. That does NOT include a coffee cup or other dishes I may have in my room. On top of that, I might leave the glasses in my room for a couple of days. or weeks.

3.) Sometimes, I'll go to sleep with my makeup on because I'm too tired to take it off. I always regret it in the morning but not enough to stop doing it repeatedly. Can you say, "Lazy," Internet?

4.) I spell out my first and last name ALL.THE.TIME. It's like an automatic response – I've been doing it since I was 4. Even when I'm using a fake name at Starbucks for the purpose of not having to spell out my name, I still spell it for the barista. I can't win for losing.

5.) I have quirky rules when it comes to watching an LSU football game.

1. People in the room must be LSU fans or non-opposing team fans. 

2. People in the room must not talk during the plays, extra point, and two-point conversions. 

3. People in the room must be aware that I will yell, clap, and cheer for my team VERY loudly. 

4. People in the room must be aware that I can get very competitive when watching football. 
I have nothing against you as a person. 





So, those are some Real Truths about me, what about you? What are some Real Truths about yourself?

Leave them in the comments below! I would love to know!

No comments: