Thursday, August 1, 2013

How God is my Spiritual Barista {Well, Almost}

I can honestly say that I plan ahead as to what I'm going to order to at Starbucks.

I have my rotating 3 drinks I regularly order, but I always make my decision before I park the car.

And then, *dramatic pause* plot twist: I walk in and my drink is already concocted and happily waiting for me at the counter.

The barista saw me coming from the parking lot and knew exactly what I wanted.



{note: that was taken with an iPhone and edited on a brilliant app called VSOCAM}


And here is where I get spiritual with Starbucks.

God is like my spiritual barista.

He knows what I need to read before I even have the chance to open my Bible.

He serves me just the kind of spiritual caffeine I need to get me through each and every day.

Sometimes I remind Him that I need more cream.

{Side Note: I don't do sugar in my coffee. I just pour that French Vanilla until it's sweet enough}.

And then, He reminds me that maybe I need to weep over my sin or become a little less Princess-y in my day to day life. {You've seen my #PrincessStatus tweets on Twitter, right?!}

And maybe He asks me to obey Him sometimes.

And that's where I'm at right now.

I'm getting baptized.

{Did I mention in my last post that I HATE to speak in front of people?}

Baptism is a command that we must follow in Scripture and so, I'm finally stepping out and following through with it.

This is scary, but at the same time, exciting!


With that said, I will be getting baptized in the 6:00pm service at my church this coming Sunday, August 4th.

I would love for you to join me!


* * * * *

{If you're unable to join me on Sunday, I'll update this post when I have the link to the video. }

No comments: