Thursday, August 15, 2013

Much To Do About Birthdays

In my family, Birthdays are a big deal.

So huge, in fact, that we go all out to make that person feel special on the anniversary of their birthday.


One year, I had a princess themed birthday complete with a Princess and the Pea game along with a cake that was shaped like Disney's Cinderella Castle.

The cake was as tall as me.

I have no words, but only "Thank you parents".


For one birthday, my brother had a pirate themed party complete with a walk the plank game and a cake shaped like an actual pirate ship. Seriously.

So, yeah.

Birthdays are a big deal in our family.

So, it wasn't a surprise when I turned to my friend, Becca J, on Friday morning - while eating our muffins and enjoying our Starbucks drinks - and told her that I had an idea.

My friend Jessica's birthday was that day and with quick planning, we managed to come up with a few birthday surprises just for her.

We started off by deciding to bring her a blueberry muffin, but it turned into an afternoon full of many other surprises.

Coincidentally, Jessica had texted me asking about a cotton candy frappucino at Starbucks and that's when I decided we should include that particular drink to go with her muffin.


Becca brought me an identical muffin that was extremely tasty and so worth breaking paleo for...



How do you make this you might ask? 
A grande vanilla bean frappucino with a 1 1/2 pumps of raspberry syrup. 


Before heading to her house, we stopped at Lifeway to pick up a card and the perfect book for a girl her age, You're Already Amazing: Embracing Who You Are, Becoming All God Created You to Be.*


After surprising her, while we were all sitting in Jessica's living room conversing, I quickly asked her where she wanted to go for lunch.



Chipotle was the only answer from this birthday girl.

on the menu: Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla & a Burrito bowl. 


The rest of the afternoon was spent shopping at Target.

Because what girl doesn't love shopping at Target?!

Also, Dress Sale.



Anyway, I have been very fortunate to have a girl who has stuck around with me since 6th grade. We have both tolerated crabby attitudes & bad hair days from each other, and the overall roller coaster of growing up. And we're even attending the same college for a semester or two! 

Fun Fact: We are 1 year and 22 days apart. I'm not disclosing who's older.

Thanks for being my friend and allowing me to call you "Jessica" even if you can't stand that name. ;) 
I hope I get to celebrate many more birthdays with you! 


*affiliate link

No comments: