Saturday, June 8, 2013

NC 2013 {Small Group}

What can I say? 

My small group rocked this year. 

I so enjoyed my leaders and the individuals in my group. 


This year, our small group had to create a cheer/chant type thing.

It was sort of challenging.

It really didn't help that the group next to us, Mint, had a cheerleading routine that went something like...

"Mint to awesome!"
*strike a pose*

"Mint to be great!"
*strike a pose*

"Mint to be fantastic!"
*strike a pose*

*insert people performing backflips*

*jazz hands*

All they needed were some pom-poms and they'd be set.

Or the group, Cocoa, on the other end of the football field alternating the phrase "Cocoa Puffs" with guy and girl voices.

I even have video proof for this one. {Note: Please ignore what YouTube did to the video.}



BUT, Mustard did eventually create a cheer which later turned a bit more theological sounding towards the end of the week. {I mean, after all, we did have some competition. ;) }

Envision this with me...

One guy, Fisher, stands in the center of the girl circle while the guys make another circle around the girls. The girls sway to the left and the guys sway to the right chanting "Hoo-Ha." The chanting ceases and then Fisher yells, "What goes on a hotdog?"

Everyone: "Mustard!"

Fisher: "What?"

Everyone: "Mustard!"

Fisher: "What?"

Everyone: "Mustard!"

Fisher: "What can move a mountain?"

Guys: "Mustard"

Girls: "Seeds."

Fisher: "What?"

Guys: "Mustard"

Girls: "Seeds."

Everyone: 1-2-3- Mustard!

If you didn't understand what you just read, don't worry, I didn't either. I mainly wrote it down for memories sake. ;) 


On a more serious note, I really did love my small group at National Convention. And I'm really sad I will miss it next year! *insert the saddest face you have ever seen* 

I love the community a small group brings in a big event like National Convention. I feel like I belong in the TeenPact world and I'm not an outsider. Yes, I did know people in my small group beforehand, I even grew up with one of them. But, even if I didn't know a single soul, I would still have a sense of belonging. 

TeenPact is a place where it's normal to be passionate about Christ, to have conversations about your relationship with the LORD, and to have a desire to change the world for the glory of God. 

So, thank you, people of my small group {and everyone else} for following hard after Christ and wanting to be the change you wish to see in this world––no matter how crazy you may be. ;) 


{Photo Credit: Tara Pattengale 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I was in Indigo, and we all just busted out laughing when we heard y'alls...at first we were like, "what goes on a what?!" such a fun week! And you got Julia as your leader too! Awesome!