Wednesday, May 29, 2013

NC 2013 {The People}





Wow.

TeenPact National Convention 2013 was amazing.

I learned so much.

I am in awe of what the LORD is doing in my life and in the lives of the people around me.

***

As we were driving home, I asked the people in my car what their favorite memories were from the week.

We very quickly realized we all had said the same thing.

The people.

More specifically, the conversations we had with the people.

We recounted the conversations we had with guys and girls and how it wasn't "weird" to talk about the LORD and what He was doing in our life. Meaning, I could talk to a guy about Christ and nobody would question if we liked each other.

***

I remember talking with Philip, Brenden, Patrick Lee, Jon, and Isaac. All of these guys LOVE the LORD. They are passionate about Christ and desire to honor Him in their every day life. It was evident in their campaigns, conversations, and character. {And I'm now kicking myself for not getting pictures with y'all.}

Guys, it's encouraging to know that there are young men like you out in the world. Know that, as a sister in Christ, I will be praying for you to stand strong in the faith. God is going to do amazing things through you and I am so excited to see it!

As for the girls....Well, it was more crying than actually talking. :)

Ironically, I experienced community on the day we were studying community. {Don't you love how God works?} After listening to Betsy speak about her losing her mom, I just lost it. I quickly made my way back to the gym bathroom. I found myself in a group hug with Laurence, Tori, Mrs. Wilson, and Betsy, herself. We all just stood there and cried–together. Definitely, a God moment.

I also enjoyed the chats I had with Mary Kathryn, Elise, Laurence, Miranda, Sierra, Ms. Debbie, Mrs. Kathryn, and Mrs. Cocks. Just being able to talk with them about life and how the LORD is working in and through us was so encouraging and refreshing!


Again, I enjoyed my time at NC and will forever cherish the friendships I made/cultivated while I was there. 


Look for more posts about my experience in the days to come! 

No comments: