Friday, November 2, 2012

A Leave of Absence

Hey y'all.

Thought I'd left you?

No, I just took some time away from this blog.

I kinda needed it + school was killing me.

I also realized that Starbucks came out with their holiday drinks yesterday and I knew I just HAD to update y'all with my life. Brace yourselves, it's a long post. You might want to grab some coffee due to the length of this update. I'll wait. Go ahead, you know you want some! 

 Are you ready, now? 


Well, at the beginning of August I had the privilege of attending TeenPact Congress.

 {all of us in the FL House}

 {new friends, old friends}

{worship}

{THE Southern Belle}

{the last night}

Despite having streph throat the whole week, I still had an awesome time. I grew in my relationship with Christ, meet some amazing people, and put my photography skills to work!

Speaking of my photography, I've put it on the back burner for now. Aside from events, I'm not really doing much with it these days. BUT, I did *ahem* work on my modeling skills with Allison Lewis. Y'all can click here and check them out. :) Below is my favorite one from the entire shoot!


Back to August....

I came back from Congress and jumped right into "life." Since then, I have grown closer to Jesus, my small group, and Starbucks.

I'm pretty sure if Starbucks was a guy, we'd be married by now. Not kidding.
  


PSA: 
Dear Future Husband, I promise to be loyal to you like I have been with Starbucks. 
And then some. 

My online English class through the University of Alabama has been treacherous. I'm pretty sure the only thing saving me is my mom's willingness to help with my paper writing. I think I owe her some chocolate. And coffee.

Fast forward to the end of September.....

After much prayer, I decided to attend another TeenPact event, Endeavor. Yes, I did blog about it, but not in that much detail. I had resurfaced for *just* a bit.

 {my room. oh, the irony}

{bonjour} 

 {my favorite person}

{tea at the ritz carlton}

{all dressed up}


{on the way home}

I did have a wonderful time with my awesome roommate, Julia, and all the other girls! I so enjoyed talking with the moms and learning from them, too. I also dressed up for a fancy dinner one night. And, I took tons of pictures because, well, ummm, I don't get dressed up that much.

At the end of October, I took my last ACT. Of course, getting up in the wee hours of the morning probably didn't help with my score.


yeah.....*no comment*

Moving on.....

I have recently found my current favorite verse.



This is so applicable to my life right now. I need to remember to have my time in the Word everyday so  that I can be filled with the Spirit and have the truths from His Word fresh in me. This will allow me to shine with His glory so that all people will see Him!

I also have a new favorite song.

 


I'm longing for that day when I can finally see my Savior face to face.


"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."
 Revelation 21:3&4

"They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever."
Revelation 22:4&5



So, that's how life has been treating me lately.
What about you? 
How has life treated YOU? 

Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You HAVE been busy! And I knew I recognized that shirt from somewhere last night...the photos!!