Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Songs & Scripture


Psalm 17:15 -

"As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; 

when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness." 






Psalm 63 -

"O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;

my soul thirsts for you;

my flesh faints for you, 

as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,

beholding your power and glory.

Because your steadfast loves is better than life,

my lips will praise you.

So I will bless you as long as I live;

in your name I will lift up my hands. 

My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,

and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,

when I remember you upon my bed,

and meditate on you in the watches of the night;

for you have been my help,

and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.

My soul clings to you;

your right hand upholds me. 

But those who seek to destroy my life

shall go down into the depths of the earth;

they shall be given over to the power of the sword;

they shall be a portion for jackals. 

But the king shall rejoice in God;

all who swear by him shall exult,

for the mouths of liars will be stopped. 







Psalm 18:28-30 -



"For it is you who light my lamp;

the LORD my God lightens my darkness. 

For by you I can run against a troop,

and by my God I can leap over a wall. 

This God–his way is perfect;

the word of the LORD proves true;

he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him." 












And a quote from one of my favorite people, A.W. Tozer - 

“We’re all human beings suddenly to become blind, still the sun would shine by day and the stars by night, for these owe nothing to the millions who benefit from their light. So, were every man on earth to become atheist, it could not affect God in any way. He is what he is in himself without regard to any other. To believe in him adds nothing to his perfections; to doubt him takes nothing away.”

No comments: