Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Go! {To TeenPact National Convention} - Part 1

{The next several posts on my blog will be about what I learned at NC. I'm not promising you that they'll make sense. or that it'll have proper grammar. (You have been warned) I'm just writing to share with you what I took away from the week and hopefully encourage you in someway, somehow. So let's began, shall we? ;) }







The first day at NC was a little bit crazy. I remember driving up and hearing screams from Allison and Emmy! It had been way to long since I had seen those girls! :) Yeah, they're pretty much the most amazing-ist people ever. Just sayin' ;)


Anyway, the girls stayed in what was know as "The Palace".  And boy, let me tell you, it was. Hands down the best accommodations at a camp that I've attended! I think what I liked about it had something to do with the bathroom. or maybe just the type of tile it had in it. and the shower curtains. Yes, I am a design geek, I know. :p

Moving on....speaking of moving, I received some extremely odd looks as I rolled my suitcase into the lodge. I remember standing at the bottom of the steps trying to figure out a way to carry it up the stairs to my room. Since I was the smart person who decided to pack her whole house into one suitcase, I thought I should be the one to carry it up the flight of stairs. I'm pretty sure my arms thought I was crazy...actually, my entire body probably thought that.

Here's a picture of the monster....

Just for the record, I could fit myself into that thing....comfortably.
See what's wrong here? 

Need I say more? 




Fast forward to dinner where the girls of my small group bonded over dirty tables. We had the responsibility of cleaning up after everyone in the dining hall. Which was fun, I guess...I don't really know...

Anyway, we ended up sitting on the bleachers which allowed for an amazing view!



500 people worshipping Jesus. yay! 





We also listened to the President of the TeenPact nation, Stephen Blunk, give The State of the TeenPact Address. 

Excellent speaker, I might add. 


I don't remember much after that until it was time for girl talk with Lydia and the intern girls.

****                                                                                                    ****

And I'm going to stop there...the next part is a tad bit long. Check back later to hear the rest... :) 

No comments: