Tuesday, January 21, 2014

TeenPact Staff Training 2014 {Mountain Top}

We all have our mountain tops; the places where we go to for refuge, refreshment, and restitution. 

Last week, I had the opportunity to travel, once again, to my mountaintop – TeenPact. 


Over the past 3 years, TeenPact has served as my safe place, my refuge, my escape from the valley. 

I don't know where I would be in life if it wasn't for this ministry. 

The way God has orchestrated my valleys to coincide with TeenPact events is even more proof that God is indeed inherently sovereign. 


This week was no different. 

After walking the last 6 months alone with the LORD, it was so nice to walk into the doors of the lodge and be greeted by familiar faces. 

It was so refreshing to sit down and talk with people face to face. Never have I realized the importance of IRL* conversations until this past week.

Honestly, I wish this girl lived closer. {Hashtag: Soul Sisters}

And maybe him, too.  

and this girl.
Maybe we could travel to a foreign country together someday? 


Worshipping with other like-minded believers on the mountaintop praising the LORD for what He has done in my life is an incredible experience that brings me to the point of tears. 


Worshipping God on the mountaintop doesn't mean I don't worship Him in the valley. 

Worshipping God on the mountaintop allows me to have a different perspective on my situation happening in the valley. 


I'm still worshipping the same God, just in a different setting. 

So, today, as the sun sets behind me, I am thankful for my mountaintop experience this past week.


"You bring me up here on the mountain//For me to rest and learn and grow//I see the truth up on the mountain//And I carry it to the world far below

So as I go down to the valley knowing that You will go with me//This is my prayer, Lord, help me to remember what you showed me//Up on the mountain"

{Steven Curtis Chapman - The Mountain}





*In real life 

No comments: