Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. {Sierra} Day!


Teepact Back to DC 2011 

I remember when I first met Sierra. I sat down to eat dinner with her and her brother, Westin, the third night of Back to DC and struck up a casual conversation. Little did I know what kind of friend I had just made.

Let's just be honest here, I thought she was a little strange when she told people that she had never used a microwave. I stared from across the kitchen thinking, "Are you serious? That girl is crazy." 

Well, she is sorta crazy in a Jesus kind of way. Over the next year and a half, I would watch how the LORD work in her life in numerous ways. She has a heart to see people not only believe that life begins at conception, but that people would come know the Author of ALL life, Jesus. 

Sierra, thank you for your wonderful example of what it means to follow Christ. You have blessed me with your friendship and I am forever grateful. 

I hope you have a fabulous birthday! 


{P.S. Check out her blog here!}

1 comment:

Sierra said...

Giann!

I'm so grateful for you. You're such a precious, beloved friend. :)

And I feel pretty special that you wrote a blog post about me. Thanks for always encouraging me. I laughed at the title. I think that's the first time I've heard it called "St. 'Sierra' Day". ;)

Haha...I completely forgot about that! For the record...I have used a microwave now. But I still almost always make things from scratch because I'm a gourmet cook and that's just what I do so that I don't get lazy. :) You made me laugh at the memory. I am SO glad that I met you in DC!

I praise God for you! Thanks for being a "crazy" Jesus-follower.