Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tears of Change

{This is part 2 of how I became pro-life. Part 1}


It all started with a book called Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris. I began praying that the LORD would show me what hard thing He wanted me to do something about during my teen years. Well, He brought to mind two things - one of those being abortion.

"Okay, I can do something about that. I'm pro-life, right?" 

[Laughs] Little did I know.... :)

So, I simply went to their website and started looking at different links to different pro-life groups. I don't remember how many I clicked on before settling on LiveAction.org. I came across this video which so happened to be shot not 30 minutes from where I live. You can watch it below.





Then, I came across Abort73.com and just glanced at it; took note of a few things.

Fast forward to a couple of months later and I watch a video of an ultrasound of a little girl. Within ten seconds, I'm weeping. That little girl was moving inside of her mommy. There was life inside of her. She wasn't a clump of cells or a blob of tissue. 

Shortly after that, I read the book Gianna which tells the story of an abortion survivor, Gianna Jessen. Y'all, I cried while reading the first chapter. {Seriously, go pick up a copy today and read it. You'll cry, I promise.}

Well, lets just say, one thing led to another and I became an advocate for the unborn! I started wearing T-shirts, voiced my opinion on the matter, followed several organizations on Twitter, liked some on Facebook, and supported pro-life films.


But, I still wasn't that convinced. My brain continued to go back and forth between pro-choice and pro-life. Its like it couldn't make a decision. Until, one night in October....


{Part 3 to follow soon}

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing this...!