Thursday, July 23, 2020

*long sigh*

This year has not been what I have wanted, what any one of us has wanted. I am T I R E D of the fighting I see coming from all the circles I am a part of.

I’ve purposefully not engaged with it.

I mainly post Scripture I find encouraging, insightful, and helpful during this time we live in. 

4 years ago, I was studying about the kings in Israel/Judah and here I am studying them again. Both times during an election year where I feel everything is on fire. Both times reminding myself to remain faithful to Christ, not a side. Both times seeing how the LORD redeemed, rescued, and restored His people through it all. Both times relying on Him to give me discernment on what battles I should engage with.

I don’t think I have ever longed for the LORD to return more than I do now.

It was also incredibly fitting to study Ecclesiastes during Lent and be reminded that the LORD will mend every broken thing. Every.single.thing.

This world is B R O K E N. Systems are broken. People are broken.

I think once we accept that, maybe we can give everyone a whole bunch of grace and not expect from them what they can’t give? I don’t know. I know I strive to do that.

My savior isn’t in the broken systems or people we have in the world today.

My Savior is Jesus Christ. He came to rescue, redeem, and restore.

Maybe Jesus isn’t your jam. I get that. I really do. Having dealt with the struggles of my own faith at times, I understand that believing in Jesus might be hard for you.

Faith is complex. 

It’s supposed to answer some questions and leave some unanswered. I have unanswered questions myself.

I hope I can create a space where you feel like you can show up regardless of where you are on your spiritual journey. I hope that by sharing my journey of faith, you’ll be encouraged to explore your own.

I don’t really know what the rest of the year holds (but does anybody?¿). I do know that I can trust that all things will work together for good eventually. I have and will continue to put my trust in the LORD & what he’s doing in my life.

I hope you can do the same.

No comments: